top of page
Girls Studying

University Application Process

Application for Universities In Poland

First step - Offer Letter Requirements
➢ Each university has its own unique course requirements, please check with our
friendly staff for guidance and required documents.
➢ Pay processing fee
➢ Complete the application form using CAPITAL LETTERS on our website
{} under the tab ‘Application Form’

Second step - Acceptance Letter Requirements
➢ Pay your tuition fees and application fees directly to the university. Please note that
tuition fees can only be refunded if the student is denied a visa. A visa refusal letter
is required by the university before a refund is made.
➢ Send us proof of payment.

Third Step - Visa Application Requirements
➢ Please see the section for visa application for detailed information on visa steps and

Documents Required On Arrival (Start preparing these documents after getting an
offer letter)

➢ Evidence of English language proficiency: IELTS - 6.0+, TOEFL - 550+, FCE –B+.
Please Note: Zimbabwean students can get a letter from their former high school or
college stating that studies were conducted in English and use it as proof of English
language proficiency.
➢ Letter of NO OBJECTION from the Ministry of Education stating that your A Level
Certificate or High School Certificate or Diploma Certificate or bachelor’s degree
enables you to proceed to Higher Education in Poland. (Please take your University
Offer Letter, police clearance certificate and bank statement and or call the Ministry
of Education to check updated requirements)
➢ For Zimbabwean students, please get copies of your academic certificates legalised
at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. To obtain an appointment date, please apply for a
booking on the following email: and include your
contact details and type of documents requiring authentication. For other
nationalities please call your Ministry of Foreign Affairs and arrange for your
academic certificates to be legalised. The legalised academic certificates must be
further legalised at the consulate when you attend your visa appointment. The
consulate charges about R600 to legalise each certificate. You cannot commence
classes in Poland if your certificates are not legalised by both the Ministry of
Foreign Affairs in your country and the Polish Consulate.
➢ A medical certificate confirming that there are no contraindications to study on the
chosen field of studies. This letter is required before commencing classes
➢ 2 passport size photos
Additional Information for Zimbabwean Students
➢ Ministry of Foreign Affairs is located next to the Parliament in Harare, address:
Munhumutapa Building, Corner Samora Machel Ave/ Sam Nujoma, Harare. (Please
Note: Open days- Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays)

Image by Mpho Mojapelo

Visa Application Information

1. Step One – Online Visa Application
• Complete electronic visa application online. Book an appointment with us
online for visa application guidance.
• Please Note: It is difficult to get a visa appointment date, so we encourage
students to apply as soon as possible. We also advise students not to
organise health insurance and itinerary before securing the interview
date. We will advise when to buy health insurance. The date on the health
insurance letter should be the same as the date of departure on your
itinerary. Speak to us for further clarification. We will not be
responsible if you purchase health insurance too early and the
embassy requests for another health insurance.
2. Step Two – Submitting your application at the Consulate
• You are required to submit the application in person.
• The following documents must be presented
i. Original printed application form for National Visa signed and
dated (from step one). The electronically registered form must
have a bar code or QR code with a reference number.

ii. Original Passport and a passport copy as well.
iii. Recent passport size photo 3.5 x 4.5 cm dimensions
iv. Travel Itinerary. Please provide the full itinerary, with departure
date. Must include dates and flight numbers specifying entry to
Schengen territories.
v. Acceptance letter from the University stating that the applicant
has been accepted in their field of study and that all outstanding
fees has been paid.
vi. Proof of accommodation. A signed letter from the university,
company, institution, or organisation must be presented, confirming that accommodation arrangements have been made
and for how long; alternatively, a lease agreement is acceptable.
vii. Proof of sufficient financial funds for the entire duration of
the intended stay. Regarding required funds for students, at least
USD 7000 or equivalent is required to cover 1 year of studies.
Funds in RTGS or ZWL are not accepted. According to the Polish
Act on foreigners the following documents should not be older
than 30 days on the day of submission.
• If the student has a sponsor, this person must provide a
stamped bank statement for the last 3 months,
• Sponsor’s last 3 months’ pay slips,
• The sponsor must also prepare a signed declaration of the
coverage of all relevant costs together with a copy of
his/her ID or passport. This letter (in original) must be
Notarized (prepared by a Notary Public) and Apostilled
or legalised by the appropriate institution,
• In addition to this, the sponsor must also provide a signed
confirmation of employment letter (in original) which
clearly indicates his/her salary/wages,
• Or, if the sponsor is self-employed, company registration
documents confirming his status are required,
together with a letter (in original) from his/her bank
confirming credit card limit.
viii. Proof of valid travel medical insurance for the entire duration
of stay in the Schengen territory. We can purchase the health
insurance for you for 200 Euros. Alternatively, you could purchase
your health insurance. If you decide to purchase your health
insurance, the policy must include full name, policy number,
period and area of cover, medical coverage 30 000 EUR, and
summarised schedule of benefits. In addition, the consulate has a
list of approved health insurance companies that you may need to
check before buying your health insurance.
IMPORTANT: All original documents (passports, certificates, official letters, etc.)
MUST be accompanied by COPIES thereof. Copies will not be made at the
Consulate, and it is the applicant's responsibility to ensure that all relevant copies
are presented during the visa appointment. It is also the applicant's responsibility
to deliver any outstanding documents to the Consulate, should their application
be incomplete. The deadline for missing documents is determined during the
appointment. Payment of the visa fee may be done in CASH ONLY. Please prepare
the exact amount in ZAR. No cards, deposits or transfers are accepted. The National visa fee is R1577.
Please Note that fees and requirements are subject to change. Additional
documents or a personal interview may be requested at any time.
3. Step Three – Passport collection after visa application has been processed.
After the application has been accepted by the Visa Officer in the Consular
Section, the applicant will be given a receipt with the date for passport collection.
If visa is issued earlier than the collection date, the consulate will notify you via
email. National visa processing time is 15 working days (3 weeks). There is no
need to make an appointment for the collection of the passport. GSE advises
students to collect their passports in person. Please remember to collect your
legalised academic certificates as well.

Young Businesswomen

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

  1. Q: How long does it take to get a place? A: One week or less.

  2. Q: Can I get accepted without A level? A: Unfortunately, No. You need A level, at least 2 points from 2 subjects. The university will not consider your diploma or bachelor’s degree for undergraduate entry.

  3. Q: Do you offer scholarships? A: Unfortunately, we do not offer scholarships.

  4. Q: How long does it take to process the visa? A: From the time you submit your visa documents at the consulate, it takes 3 weeks to get your visa processed. However, securing a visa appointment date is becoming difficult because of Covid-19 backlog and the increase in the number students going to Poland. We advise students to apply as early as possible. Please speak to us regarding visa issues because requirements can change at anytime.

  5. Q: Do you organise accommodation and how much is rent? A: Yes, we can organise accommodation for you. Rent ranges from 200 EUR to 400 EUR per month.

  6. Q: How much is required in the bank account and for how long? A: We recommend a minimum balance of US$ 7000 in the bank account for approximately 3 months. Please speak to us or see our visa application information sheet for current detailed information and other options for proof of funds.

  7. Q: How much is tuition fees? A: Tuition fees ranges from 2400 EUR to 4000 EUR a year. Tuition fees are subject to change at any time.

  8. Q: What courses do you offer? A:

  • Bachelor of Tourism and Hospitality

  • Bachelor of International Business

  • Master of International Tourism

  • Bachelor of Nursing

  • Bachelor of Beauty Science

  • Bachelor of Human Resource Management

  • Bachelor of Business Logistics

  • Bachelor of Computer Engineering and Mechatronics

  • Master of Business Administration (MBA)

  • Master of Physiotherapy 5-year cycle

  • Master of Physiotherapy 2-year cycle (only for people with bachelor of physio)

  1.  Q: I was only granted one-year student visa, but my course takes more than a year to complete, how am I going to renew my visa. A: All student visas are one year long. You will apply for a temporary residence permit when you arrive in Poland. Please Note: To apply for temporary residence in Poland, the student is required to have funds in their own account (approximately 6000 Euros), not the sponsor’s account.

  2. Q: Who can sponsor me? A: Anyone can sponsor you if they can write a declaration letter to say they are sponsoring you as well as provide their Identity Documents to the embassy. In addition, the Polish Embassy requires the sponsor’s letter has to be Notarised (prepared by a Notary Public) and Apostilled or legalised by the appropriate institution.

  3. Q: Is Health insurance required? A: Health insurance is mandatory for all students and we will assist in applying for one. The student is advised to get a minimum coverage of 30 000 EUR. We can get you that insurance for EUR 200 a year.

  4. Q: How will I study in Polish? A: There are English courses available for international students.

  5.  Q: Is Polish language a prerequisite for registration as nurse or physiotherapist upon completion of my studies? A: Yes, you are required to attain Polish B1 certificate to register with relevant authorities. The university will organise Polish classes for you at the university and outside the university for an extra USD 270 per semester for a total of 4 semesters.

  6. Q: Is IELTS required? A: No language proficiency is required if the education in your country has been in English medium.

  7. Q: Which countries are in the Schengen Zone and can I travel in the Schengen Zone with a Polish visa? A: Polish visa allows you to travel in the Schengen Zone visa free. There are 26 countries in the Schengen Zone - Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, and Switzerland.

  8. Q: Do I have to pay tuition fee before visa application. A: Yes, you must pay tuition fee for the whole year before an acceptance letter is issued by the university.

  9. Q: If I pay school fees and my visa is not granted can I get my money back. A: Yes the university will pay you back your fees as you would have paid your fees directly to the university.

  10. Q: If I pay school fees then get the visa and decide not to go can I get my money back? A: The University will require you to cancel your visa first and provide evidence of why you have decided to cancel before they consider refunding your money. The reason why the University requires you to cancel your visa is because the Polish visa allows you to travel in the Schengen Zone visa free.

  11. Q: Do you provide airport pick up service and how much is it A: Yes, there are 3 options, we can give you contacts of reliable students who can do airport pick up by car for 150 EUR, alternatively there is cheaper option, students can do pick up using using public transport for 100 EUR. The last option is a shuttle bus 350 EUR.

Application Process & FAQs: Resources and Tips

Give Us Your Feedback

This is your Feedback section paragraph. Encourage your site visitors to rate and add feedback about your products.

Thanks for submitting!

Application Process & FAQs: Feedback Form
bottom of page